One of the most fun parts of camping is cooking outdoors. When the weather is nice and you have the opportunity, grilling is a great way to make meals. Of course, there are many different types of grills out there to choose from. Consider this list of the best portable grills for RV camping and be sure you visit one of the top RV dealers in NC for tips on grilling or any other RVing advice.
What to Look for in a Portable Camping Grill
When it comes to grills that are ideal for RV camping, they need to have a few qualities:
These three things are the most important when it comes to choosing a grill that will work well for traveling in an RV. Other things to consider include:
- Do you prefer gas or charcoal?
- How many people will you be cooking for?
- How many burners do you need?
Keep these things in mind when you consider the following best grills.
Top Rated and Reviewed Portable Grills for Camping
- Weber 54060001 Q2200 Liquid Propane Grill. Compact but large enough to be efficient, this grill has cast iron metal grates, a steel burner, and an electronic ignition for easy startup. It comes fully assembled out of the box so it’s ready to go.
- Coleman Road Trip Portable Propane Grill LXE. When it comes to camping gear, it’s hard to beat a Coleman. This grill burns hot and has a large grilling surface with two burners for cooking a lot of food quickly. It folds up easily to lie flat for packing.
- Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Tabletop Gas Grill. The foldable legs make this grill easy to move and pack. The heat is evenly dispersed over the cooking area so that food gets done evenly. Can be used on a tabletop or right on the ground.
- Lodge Sportsman Hibachi-Style Charcoal Grill. Definitely compact, the Sportsman is very easy to pack and take along, weighing in at only 23 pounds. The cast iron grate is adjustable for perfect cooking and cleanup is easy because of the slide-out coal tray. There’s nothing like the taste of food grilled over charcoal if you have the patience.
- Masterbuilt Elite 14” Tabletop Kettle Charcoal Grill. Extremely lightweight, the Masterbuilt Kettle grill weighs only 5 pounds and boasts a large cooking surface. The lid, bowl, and wire rack are all porcelain coated and the removable ash can makes clean up easy.
- Char-Broil Tabletop Charcoal Grill. When you prefer charcoal but need a bigger cooking surface, the Char-Broil Tabletop grill is ideal. Heavy-duty cast iron grate and steel firebox make this grill incredibly sturdy and durable. Its compact design makes it easily portable.
Out of Doors Mart RV dealers in NC Have New and Used RVs for sale at Off-Season Prices
Is the thought of grilling steak, burgers, and more out in the fresh air making your mouth water? It’s never too early to start getting ready for camping season. Winter is one of the best times to shop for a new or used RV. Don’t wait until the weather warms up and camping season is upon us. Plan ahead and start your shopping during the winter. Whether you’re purchasing your first RV or ready for an upgrade, Out of Doors Mart RV dealers in NC have what you need. Call (336) 993-4518 or visit 8510 Norcross Road in Colfax, NC.