Getting ready to take your new RV out on the road for the first time? If you’re new to RV camping there are some things you should know to make sure you’re prepared. Consider this advice from experienced RV campers. Ready to browse RV dealers in NC for the right new or used camper to take that first trip? Visit Out of Doors Mart to get a deal on a travel trailer, fifth wheel, or motorhome to make your first trip a vacation to remember.
Tips for RV camping can be divided into two basic categories: packing tips and RV operation tips.
Tips for Operating your RV:
- Practice Driving and Parking your RV. Before you leave on your first out of town trip, practice driving or towing your RV on the roads in town. Drive down back roads and busy streets so you’re prepared for anything. Find an empty parking lot and practice parking, backing up and getting through narrow spaces. You don’t want an accident to ruin your first trip.
- Test all systems. Make sure your engine, plumbing, hook ups, leveling gear, hvac system, and anything else you have is working properly before you leave. It’s much more difficult to fix these things out on the road.
- Know the Weight Limits for your RV. Weight limits are there to keep people safe. Be sure your towing vehicle and tires are prepared to handle the weight of the trailer you are towing and be mindful of the extra weight from the supplies you pack.
Tips for Packing:
- Check the Weather but Be Prepared for Anything. You may consult the weather forecast for your destination and see that it’s supposed to be warm and sunny for your entire vacation. But weather is unpredictable, so pack rain gear and warm clothing as well, just in case.
- Pack a Complete First Aid Kit. You never know what may happen when you’re away from home, especially out in the wilderness. Basics like bandaids and disinfectant come in handy as well as medicine like pain relievers and allergy relief.
- Bring Food to Cook and Food that Doesn’t Require Cooking. You plan your meals for your trip, expecting that you’ll be able to grill or use your kitchen inside your RV. But that is not always the case. You may not want to cook every meal each day. Weather conditions may make grilling more difficult. You may simply get tired and need an easy meal. And don’t forget condiments.
- Include Supplies to Make your Site Homey. Items like an awning or tent for shade, an outdoor rug to roll out in front of the camper door, even decorative items like flags or lights can make your campsite feel more like home. It’s also easier to find your spot in the RV park among many similar-looking vehicles.
Looking for RV Dealers in NC? Visit Out of Doors Mart
Still in the market for an RV to make that first trip? Come to Out of Doors Mart. With a huge inventory of travel trailers, fifth wheels, motorhomes, and more, you’ll find a new or used RV to go on your first excursion. Call (336)993-4518 or visit 8510 Norcross Road in Colfax, NC.