If you enjoy RV camping, you surely appreciate the natural beauty of the great outdoors. And if you truly appreciate that beauty, you want to protect it and keep it beautiful for the immediate future as well as for future generations. You can do your part by following these tips for going green in your RV. If you don’t already have an RV, Out of Doors Mart has many new and used makes and models of travel trailers such as Airstreams for sale in NC.
- Reusable Materials. Whenever possible, use reusable materials when camping. It may be easier to use paper plates and plastic silverware so that you can throw them away when you’re done, but reusable plates, silverware, and cups will cut your trash in half. Use real towels instead of paper towels, wet washcloths instead of disposable wipes, and anything else that can be reused.
- Solar Energy. There are many solar powered products made just for camping, including water heaters, phone chargers, and radios. It’s even possible to power your entire RV with just solar panels so you can camp without hookups.
- Recycle. Do your best to sort the trash you do have into recyclable and non-recyclable materials. Recycle as much as possible. Most campgrounds will have recycle bins, but if not, take it back home to recycle.
- Biodegradable Soap. By washing your dishes instead of using disposable, you could still harm the environment unless you use biodegradable soap. Burt’s Bees and Campsuds are just two companies that make an all-in-one biodegradable soap for dishes and bodies that is convenient for camping.
- Natural Campfires. Test your advanced camper skills by starting fires with matches or a lighter instead of using lighter fluid or gasoline. Bring dryer lint along or use pine needles and bark. Burn only wood and natural items; avoid burning trash.
- Say No to Bottled Water. If you prefer to bring water along or plan to dry camp, there are much greener ways to do so than buying cases of bottled water. You can purchase larger jugs of water with dispensing nozzles. You can also reuse milk or juice jugs from home. Another convenient tip: freeze water in jugs to use in coolers, then drink as it thaws. Prefer filtered water? Bring along a filtered pitcher and pour water into it as needed.
- Travel Light. Keep to the bare minimum of items needed to reduce the weight in your RV.
Go Green with New and Used Airstreams for Sale in NC
Going green is easy when you have the right equipment. Visit Out of Doors Mart for great deals on new and used Airstreams for sale in NC. Airstream trailers are famous for their streamlined shape that makes them extremely aerodynamic for towing, saving you fuel during your journey. Another advantage to travel trailers is that once you park and set up camp, your towing vehicle is free for exploring the area. Choose the smallest camper that can accommodate your group and travel as light as possible to achieve top fuel efficiency. To find the right RV for you, call (336) 993-4518 or visit Out of Doors Mart on 8510 Norcross Road in Colfax, NC.