Thinking of hitting the road but don’t want to leave the furry members of your family behind? Camping is typically a pet-friendly endeavor, but it does take some additional planning and gear to accommodate them. RVs make it easier to travel with pets because campgrounds tend to be more accepting of pets than most hotels. Used Airstreams for sale are often a wise choice because pets have a tendency to make camping, which is already a potentially messy adventure, into an even messier time. Airstreams are easy to clean, maintain and customize, making them pet friendly travel trailers. Whatever type of RV you choose, consider these tips for making your trip a little easier for you and your pets.
- Call ahead. Wherever you are planning to camp, travel, or visit, be sure you call ahead and make sure pets are allowed. You don’t want to arrive at your destination only to find out that your dog or other pet is not welcome. Beyond just the campground, you need to check with each attraction you plan to see from hiking trails to restaurants and make sure they are pet-friendly.
- Make a packing list. Planning ahead makes all the difference when it comes to traveling with pets. Make a list of everything you will need to bring along for your pet’s happiness and comfort such as food, medicine, toys, bedding, and bath soap. Keep this list for future trips and add to it as you think of additional items that would have been nice to have.
- Pets need to be secure in transit. It’s a common practice to let pets roam around the vehicle freely, but this is actually very dangerous for your pet and the rest of the family. In case of an accident your pet could be injured if not properly secure. In many cases a free-roaming pet can even be the cause of the accident. Keep pets in proper carriers or seatbelt harnesses. Pets should not ride inside travel trailers in transit. Keep them in the cab of the towing vehicle for their own safety.
- Prevent escapes with a pet gate. Use a pet gate inside the camper to keep pets from making a run for it every time the door opens. Losing your pet away from home is a very unfortunate situation that should be prevented at all costs.
- Plan your pit stops. Make sure you know of pet-friendly rest stops and places to eat along the way. Traveling with pets means you may need to make more stops so they can stretch their legs and use the bathroom. Be sure to always clean up after your pets.
Find Great Deals on Airstreams for Sale so You Can Enjoy the Great Outdoors with Your Pets
Pets, especially dogs, love coming along on the family camping trip. Save yourself the money you would have spent to board your pets and bring them along for the ride. New and used Airstreams for sale at Out of Doors Mart are excellent for traveling with pets. Visit Out of Doors Mart on 8510 Norcross Road in Colfax, NC, or call (336) 993-4518 to inquire about current inventory.